pink roses

Friday, January 18, 2013

Self Examination

Before in sleep I close my eyes,
These things I must remember thrice:
What I've been doing all the day-
What were my acts at work or play?
What have I heard, what have I seen?
What have I learnt where'er I've been?
What have I done that's worth the doing?
What have I done that I should not?
What duty was this day forgot?

Before in sleep I close my eyes,
These things I must remember thrice:
If I've done ill, then I must pray
That God would wash my sins away,
And for the merits of His Son,
Forgive the evil I have done;
The pardoned daily, filled with love,
I'll be prepared to dwell above,
And there forever, round the throne,
The praise of God forever tone.

Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
Becca Ellen and I would love to hear from you!!