pink roses

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"Changed By Mercy"

by William Cowper


Sin enslav'd me many years,
     And led me bound and blind;
Till at length a thousand fears
     Came swarming o'er my mind.
Where, I said in deep distress,
Will these sinful pleasures end?
How shall I secure my peace,
And make the LORD my friend?
Friends and ministers said much
     The gospel to enforce;
But my blindness still was such,
     I chose a legal course:
Much I fasted, watch'd and strove,
Scarce would show my face abroad,
Fear'd, almost, to speak or move,
A stranger still to GOD.
Thus afraid to trust his grace,
     Long time did I rebel;
Till, despairing of my case,
     Down at his feet I fell:
Then my stubborn heart he broke,
And subdu'd me to his sway;
By a simple word he spoke,
"Thy sins are done away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
Becca Ellen and I would love to hear from you!!