pink roses

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Surrender Challenge [Day4]

“I have asked you one thing. Just one. And that is that you seek me with everything you have. Every thought you have should about Me, connected to Me, and given My approval.
Every desire should be for Me first above all else. You should be hungry for the things I love. Every activity you do should be with the conscientious knowledge that you are doing it to please me, because I’m right here with you.
Where is your passion and love for Me?
Show it by doing the things I love!”

Am I giving all that I have for Jesus Christ and serving Him to the very best of my ability every day? 

“I wish Thy way.
 But when in me myself would rise
 And long for something otherwise
 Then, Holy One, take sword and spear
 And slay.” 
 Amy Wilson-Carmichael

Let this be thy whole endeavour, this thy prayer, this thy desire,--that thou mayest be stripped of all selfishness, and with entire simplicity follow Jesus only
 Thomas a Kempis

The degree of blessing enjoyed by any man will correspond exactly with the completeness of God's victory over him. 
 A.W. Tozer

Today, even amongst Christians, there can be found much of that spirit that wants to give as little as possible to the Lord, and yet to get as much as possible from Him. The prevailing thought today is of being used, as though that were the one thing that mattered. That my little rubber band should be stretched to the very limit seems all important. But this is not the Lord's mind. The Lord wants us to be used, yes; but what He is after is that we pour all we have, ourselves, to Him, and if that be all, that is enough. 
 Watchman Nee

"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." 
1 Corinthians 10:31

 "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." 
Colossians 3:17
Challenge #4
Memorize one of the Colossians verses
Ask yourselfAm I doing it with all my might?
Am I doing this with His attitude?
Am I doing this to His perfection?
Am I doing this to please Him alone?

My Attitude today is: 
Lord Jesus, here am I, thy little maid,
This is my best, for You. 
Whatever You ask me to do, 
Whenever You ask me to do it,
Wherever You ask me to do it,
Forever. 
For Your glory.

"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;" 
Colossians 3:23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
Becca Ellen and I would love to hear from you!!