pink roses

Monday, July 1, 2013

Hear My Cry



     "Oh righteous and holy Sovereign, in whose hand is my life and whose are all my ways,
keep me from fluttering about religion. Fix me firm in it for I am wavering; my decisions are smoke and vapor, and I do not glorify You or behave according to Your will. Do not cut me off before my thoughts grow to be responses, for You are forbearing and good, patient and kind.
     Save me from myself, from the artifices and deceits of sin, from the treachery of my perverse nature, from denying your charges against my offences. Save me from a life in continual rebellion against You and from wrong principles, views, and ends, for I know that all my thoughts, affections, desires and pursuits are alienated from You. 
     I have acted as if I hate You, though You are Love itself. I have contrived to tempt You to the uttermost to wear out Your patience. I have lived evilly in word and action. Had I been a prince, I would have long ago crushed such a rebel. Had I been a father, I would have long since rejected such a child.
     Oh Father of my spirit, King of my life, do not cast me into destruction or drive me from your presence, but wound my heart that it may be healed; break it with your own hand that you may make it whole." [Puritan Prayers and Devotions]

How do you describe the yearning of a soul?
I wish I had the desires and heart to pen these words!
God give me a love for you!
Burn your passion inside me.
Give me an unquenchable, unsquelchable, untiring, undiscourageable desire to know You.
To be known by You.
To be yours.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
Becca Ellen and I would love to hear from you!!