pink roses

Monday, November 14, 2011

I wonder how often I do this?

"I Love you Mother!" said little John
Then forgetting his work, his cap went on,
And he was off to the garden swing
And she had the wood and water to bring.

"I Love you Mother!" said little Nell;
"I Love you more than tongue can tell."
Then she teased and pouted half the day,
Till mother was glad when she went to play.

"I Love you Mother!" said little Nan,
"Today I'll help you all I can;
My doll and playthings I know will keep!"
Then she rocked the baby fast asleep.

Stepping softly she brought the broom,
and swept the floor and tidied the room,
Busy and happy all day was she,
Helpful and good as a child can be.

"I Love you Mother!" again they said,
Three little Children going to bed.
How do you think the Mother guessed
Which of them really loved her best?
~Joy Allison~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
Becca Ellen and I would love to hear from you!!