pink roses

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Are you a Minister?

" I am a minister. I minister to the largest mission field in the world. I minister to children.

My calling is sure. My challenge is big. My vision is clear. My desire is strong. My influence is eternal. My impact is critical. My values are solid. My faith is tough. My mission is urgent. My purpose is unmistakable. My direction is forward. My heart is genuine. My strength is supernatural. My reward is promised. And my God is real.

In a world of cynicism, I offer hope. In a world of confusion, I offer truth. In a world of immorality, I offer values. In a world of neglect, I offer attention. In a world of abuse, I offer safety. In a world of ridicule, I offer affirmation. In a world of division, I offer reconciliation. In a world of bitterness, I offer forgiveness. In a world of sin, I offer salvation. In a world of hate, I offer God's Love.

I refuse to be dismayed, disengaged, disgruntled, discouraged, or distracted. Neither will I look back, stand back, fall back, go back, or sit back. I do not need applause, flattery adulation, prestige, stature or veneration. I do not have time for business as usual, mediocre standards, small thinking, outdated methods, normal expectations, average results, ordinary ideas, petty disputes, or low vision. I will not give up, give in, bail out, lie down, turn over, quit or surrender.

I will pray when things look bad. I will pray when things look good. I will move forward when others stand still. I will trust God when obstacles arise. I will work when the task is overwhelming. I will get up when I fall down.

My calling is to reach boys and girls for God. It is too serious to be taken lightly, too urgent to be postponed, to vital to be ignored, too relevant to be overlooked, too significant to be trivialized, too eternal to be fleeting, and too passionate to be quenched.

I know my mission. I know my challenge. I also know my limitations, my weaknesses, my fears, and my problems. And I know my God. Let others get the praise. Let the church get the blessing. Let God get the glory!

I am a minister. I minister to children. This is who I am. This is what I do."


And this could be YOU-

Last week my father, 3 of my siblings, and myself, spent 8 days at a training camp in Riverside, CA, called Christian Youth In Action. During orientation the quote above was read as a challenge to the 50 CYIA students present. Together we took that challenge, and with God's help we were able to share the Good News of the gospel with 275 children during those 8 days, 89 of which believed on Jesus Christ as their Savior.

Now I pose the same challenge to you. If the Lord Jesus is your Savior, will you consecrate yourself to Him right now? Will you let Him have compete control of your life? Will you give your whole life to God to be used in any way He may choose? Will you present your body as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service? Will you dare to be different from the world? Will you dare to be transformed by the renewing of your mind? Will you?

Last week I rededicated my life to God, and gave all of my aspirations in the medical field, my dream of being a mother some day, my love of books, my rights, and my future, to God. He is my Lord, the Boss of my time, talents, and treasure.

Will you be a minister? The opportunities are many. They are to serious to be taken lightly, too urgent to be postponed, to vital to be ignored, too relevant to be overlooked, too significant to be trivialized, and too eternal to be fleeting. If you would like information on CYIA or its affiliate Child Evangelism Fellowship, I would love to help you get connected. These programs span State borders and Continents alike. It doesn't matter where you live- as long as you are willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
Becca Ellen and I would love to hear from you!!