pink roses

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Our Mission

 Hark the voice of Jesus crying,-
"Who will go and work today?
field are white and harvest waiting!
who will bear the sheaves away?"
Loud and strong the master calleth,
Rich reward he offers thee;
Who will answer gladly saying,
"here am I; send me, send me!"

If you cannot cross the ocean,
And the heathen lands explore;
you can find the heathen nearer,
you can help them at your door.
If you cannot give your thousands,
you can give the Widows mite;
And the least you do for Jesus,
will be precious in His sight.

If you cannot speak like angels;
if you cannot preach like Paul;
you can tell the love of Jesus 
You can say He died for all.
If you cannot rouse the wicked
With the judgment's dread alarm,
you can lead the little children
To the Saviour's waiting arms.

If you cannot be the watchman
Standing high on Zion's wall,
Pointing out the path to heaven,
Offering peace and life to all;
With your prayers and with your bounties
You can do what heaven demands;
you can be like faithful Aaron,
Holding up the prophet's hands.

If among the older people,
you may not be apt to teach;
"Feed my lambs," said Christ, our Shepherd,
"Place the food within their reach,"
And it may be that the children 
You have lead with trembling hand,
Will be found among your jewels
When you reach the better land.

let none hear you idly saying,
"There is nothing I can do,"
While the souls of men are dying,
And the Master calls for you.
take the task He gives you gladly;
let the His work your pleasure be;
Answer quickly when He calleth,
"Hear am I; send me, send me!"
Daniel March, D.D.







4 comments:

  1. This was so encouraging!
    To always be looking up to Him and saying, "Lord, here am I; send me!"

    Its a challenge, we have to be willing to do the hard task as well as the nicer tasks- with the same attitude.:)
    Thanks for the reminder!

    In Him,
    Northern Bell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very encouraging! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dakota for stopping by Fidelis Deus... and for sharing a link to your blog. I hope that this site will be a blessing to you!
    God Bless,
    His Maiden

    ReplyDelete
  4. The night is coming when no man may work. I think that this has that idea behind it. I look foward to reading the many posts that are left.
    Poetry has a way to allow the heart to show and if you continue to show that heart, oh the souls you could reach.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!
Becca Ellen and I would love to hear from you!!